I have been away for some time, busying myself with work, travelling, some family business and some personal ones, and more work still. What brought me back to the bloggers life was a kind message I received from one of my followers, The Wanderlust Gene. It turns out my little blog was nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award. And I must say…I don’t know what to say.
I know that most of the bloggers whose post I follow or read at random are surprised to hear they have been nominated/given the award and that it is such an extraordinary feeling to know your posts are being read and followed and sometimes cause some happiness or, well, are enjoyed. I won’t be any different to say the old truth again: I am delighted to know there are people who find my little pocketful of images, memories etc. attractive. And I am just overwhelmed by the fact that I get readers from all over the world. It got so tiny, just at the reach of your fingertips…
I should have started with this one actually:
First of all, thank you, The Wanderlust Gene, for your nomination. It pleases me so much… This is the post on the awards.
And since I follow the rules of the play, which are:
- Share who gave you the award with a link back to their blog
- Write seven random facts about yourself
- Give this award to seven other bloggers
- Let them know they’ve won and lastly, post the award on your blog.
First few quick odd facts about myself:
– I used to work in Turkey as a tour guide for two summer seasons
– my bachelor thesis was about translations of cultural aspects into Polish in “Forrest Gump”, the novel
– I have a collection of (roughly) 100 pairs of earings
– the worst hangover I ever had was on champagne and that day I was sightseeing Barcelona – now I wish to go there again, to actually see it!
– I own a black cat, who’s called Cat. I have not seen nor read “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” at the time he got the name, we were just lost with the choice and by the time we decided he just reacted to Cat.
– the highest point I ever climed was Chacaltaya – 5,421 meters (17,785 ft) – a glacier at the outskirts of La Paz, Bolivia
– I remember precisely which minutes the goals in the World Cup Final Game in France 1998 were scored and who scored them. I guess that was the tournament I remember best ever.
So I need to award fellow bloggers. To be perfectly honest, I can’t lie about following too many blogs lately with my little absence, so I will just make do with my old and well-known wordpress friends, which are few, just two! (Too few? So few?) It turns out I dig into other sides a lot, which are not wordpress and I’m not sure (hey, rule makers!) if I can write about those…
The nomines for the Versatile Blogger, therefore, are:
This Sydney Life – for her constant search and sharing of the unexpected (from my, trans-continental point of view) phenomena, artists who surprise, beauties in desing and handicraft and inspirational text which always accompany the findings.
Big Cities Bright Lights – for the imagery on Portugal, in particular Lisbon , which I desire to see so much. And for the passion we seem to share on street art :)